Firstly, I’d like to thank you for coming to take a look at my work. I’m Mike, a self taught pencil artist with decades of experience producing beautiful, meaningful works of art with nothing more than my drawing pad and trusty studio pencil.
Whether you have a favourite family print that you’d like reimagined as a pencil drawing, or wish to transform a digital photograph of your beloved pet into an ultra-real drawing, I can use your imagery as inspiration for a unique work of art that’s exclusive to you. My gallery is packed with a huge range of pencil portraits drawn by photos, with an ever-growing collection of before-and-after drawings to browse, including:
UK Based Pencil Portrait Artist: Stunning pencil drawings to be cherished
There’s nothing I love more than transforming my clients’ meaningful photographs into pencil drawings that capture the unique features of the subject. We live in an age where we can create beautiful digital photographs in just one click, but if you are looking for something a little more creative, personal and memorable, I can provide the perfect photorealistic drawing that captures the likeness, mood and personality of the subjects.
Having drawn hundreds of drawings for people in the United Kingdom and all over the world, I can lend my hand to any person, animal, vehicle, building or landscape that means something to you or a loved one. Many people across the globe place orders with me as gifts for loved ones, and I’d be glad to draw a unique pencil drawing to serve as a memorable gift for Christmas, Birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Anniversaries, Weddings, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Before and After Photo to Pencil Portrait
Why choose me?
There are many talented portrait artists in the UK, but I know just how important it is to find the right artist – one who can deliver the exact style you’re looking for. I’ve always had a passion for drawing, and it was a hobby that gradually developed into my fulltime profession. Over the years, I’ve sharpened my skills and now specialise in drawing from photographs. The best way to get a taste of my approach is to view some of my recent works of art in my gallery, but here are just a few of the reasons why many people put their faith in me for their photorealistic pencil drawings:
- Self taught and trusted by clients throughout the world, with plenty of kind messages and 5 star reviews from happy customers on Google and my own website.
- I’ve been specialising in monochromatic, realistic drawings and sketches for decades.
- No person, animal or structure is off limits, yet a high-resolution image is always a good starting point.
- Clear and competitive tiered pricing, allowing you to order the right package for your needs, whilst payments can be made swiftly and securely online.
- UK based and quick to respond to messages, whilst I’m always happy to learn more about your needs over the phone.
- Overseas orders are welcome.
My approach to drawing from photos
The photograph(s) you send me should be clear and sharp. It’s important to understand that the quality and clarity of the photo will influence the level of detail I can achieve, therefore, a clear and focused photo will allow me to create a realistic pencil drawing. I can only draw what I see, so if the details are blurry or of low quality, the pencil drawing is likely to reflect this – so you can understand just why high-resolution photos are preferable. The higher the better!
My Style is to draw exactly what I see in the photograph and exclude the background from the subject – unless you have specifically requested me to include the backdrop. The result is a photorealistic drawing that captures the likeness, character and mood of the subjects. As standard, I supply my pencil portraits unframed, but I am more than happy to provide advice on the types of frames that will be suitable. If you would like me to frame your pencil portrait, I can provide this service from an online source, saving you the time and hassle of finding the perfect fit yourself. If you’d like to upgrade your order to include a frame, the pencil portrait will be delivered neatly inserted into the frame and carefully wrapped for ultimate protection. Please view a selection of frames available in different colours here.
A few words from my happy clients
Pencil Portrait Drawings of People and Pets Drawn from a Photograph Supplied by You.
A Simple 3 Step Process for Drawings from Photos
- First, complete my order form, upload your photo(s) and pay 20% deposit. On receipt of order form I will check the photo(s) for quality and email you to confirm receipt and summary of your order.
- When pencil portrait drawing is completed, first I will issue an email with an image for you to review and approve. Then, if you approve, a link within the email will request the remaining 80% balance to be paid via PayPal.
- Finally, when I receive confirmation of payment from PayPal I will insert into a padded envelope and ship via Royal Mail or Royal Mail International. In addition, it will take between 1 to 8 weeks to complete drawings from photos depending on size and workload at the time, I will also consider the date pencil portrait(s) is required.
Photograph considerations for pencil portraits
If you will be taking a photo, please use a good camera or the latest phone/tablet cameras. Photos taken outside in daylight are preferable, close to your subject and at eye level. I can also take people or pets from individual photos and combine them to create a group or family portrait. Drawings from photos are sprayed with gloss varnish, which forms a colourless glass clear coating to prevent smearing and smudging.
Commission pencil drawings from photos
If you are thinking about commissioning me to draw pencil portrait drawings from your photos, please view my price and information page. A full list of sizes I work with and prices are available.
A non-refundable 20% deposit is payable to secure your order. You can pay deposit when you complete my order-form and click on submit button. I accept all major debit or credit card using PayPal. When I receive the completed order form, I will reply as soon as I can to confirm receipt. Framing service also available.