About MCB Pencil Portraits
MCB Pencil Portraits: Stunning pencil drawings from photos to be cherished
Whether you have a favourite family print that you’d like reimagined as a pencil drawing, or wish to transform a digital photograph of your beloved pet into an ultra-real illustration, I can use your imagery as inspiration for a unique work of art that’s exclusive of you. My gallery is full with an extensive range of pencil portraits drawn from photos, with an ever-growing collection of before-and-after drawings to browse.
Having drawn hundreds of drawings from memorable photos for people in the United Kingdom and all over the world, I can generously lend my creative hand to any person, animal, vehicle, building or landscape that undoubtedly means something to you or a loved one. Many people across the globe place orders with me as gifts for loved ones, and I’d be glad to draw a unique pencil drawing to serve as a memorable gift for Christmas, Birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Anniversaries, Weddings, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Why Choose Me?
There are many talented portrait artists in the UK. Still, I know exactly how important it is to discover the appropriate artist – one who can accurately deliver the exact style you are after.
I have consistently maintained a passion for drawing, and it was a hobby that gradually developed into my fulltime profession. Over the formative years, I have sharpened my creative skills and now specialise in drawing from countless photos.
The best way to get a taste of my approach is to view some of my recent works of art in my gallery, but here are just a few of the reasons why many people put their faith in me for their photorealistic pencil drawings:
- Self-taught and trusted by satisfied clients throughout the world, with plenty of kind messages and 5-star reviews from happy customers on Google and my official website.
- I have been specialising in monochromatic, realistic drawings and sketches for successful decades.
- No person, animal or structure is off limits, yet a high-resolution image is always a good starting point.
- Transparent and competitive tiered pricing.
- Payments made swiftly and securely online.
- I can carefully draw from separate photos to painstakingly create a family or group portrait.
- UK based and quick to respond positively to direct messages.
- Overseas orders are welcome.
My Approach to Drawing from Photographs
The private photograph(s) you send instantly to me should be clear and sharp. It is essential to understand that the superb quality and clarity of the photo will favourably influence the ultimate level of detail I can achieve; therefore, a bright and focused picture will allow me to create a realistic pencil drawing carefully.
I can only draw what I reasonably see, so if the specific details are blurry or of inferior quality, the pencil drawing is likely to reflect this undoubtedly – so you can understand why high-resolution photos are preferable. The higher, the better!
My Style is naturally to draw precisely what I reasonably see in the photograph and typically exclude the background from the specific subject – unless you have expressly requested me to include the backdrop. The desired result is a photorealistic drawing that accurately captures the likeness, character, and mood of the specific subjects.
As standard, I supply my pencil portraits unframed, but I am more than happy to provide advice on the possible types of frames that will be suitable. If you would prefer me to frame your pencil portrait, I can provide this service from an online source, saving you the time and hassle of providing the exact fit yourself.
If you would like to upgrade your order to include a frame, the pencil portrait will be delivered neatly inserted into the preferred frame and carefully wrapped for ultimate protection. Please consider a selection of frames available in various colours here.
A Simple 3 Step Process for Drawings from Photos
- First, complete my order form, upload your unique photo(s) and promptly pay a 20% deposit. On receipt of order form, I will carefully check the photo(s) for essential quality and email you to confirm receipt and summary of your order.
- When I complete the pencil portrait drawing, first I will promptly issue an email with an image for you to review and quickly approve favourably. Next, if you accept, a link within the email will request the remaining 80% balance to be paid via PayPal.
- Finally, when I receive confirmation of balancing payment from PayPal, I will carefully insert into a padded envelope and ship via Royal Mail or Royal Mail International. Additionally, it will take between 1 to 8 weeks to complete drawings from photos depending on size and workload at the time. I will equally consider the date pencil portrait(s) is required.
Photograph considerations for pencil portraits
If you are taking a photo, please use a capable camera or the latest phone/tablet cameras.
Photos captured outside in daylight are preferable, close to your subject and at eye level. I can also bring people or pets from separate images and combine them to create a group or family portrait.
I spray gloss varnish on the drawings from photos, which forms a colourless glass clear coating to prevent smearing and smudging.
Can I also invite where possible not to take a photo of the original photo and forward it to me? The best practice is to upload a photo(s) from a computer/mobile phone or scan the original photo and send the scan of the original photo to me for best results.
Commission pencil drawings from photos
If you are thinking about commissioning me to draw pencil portrait drawings from photos, please view my price and information page. A comprehensive list of sizes I work with and prices are available.
A non-refundable 20% deposit is payable to secure your order. You can pay a deposit when you complete my order-form and click on submit button. I accept all major debit or credit card using PayPal. When I receive the completed order form, I will reply as soon as I can to confirm receipt. Framing service also available.